(a.k.a. Snorri’s Special Ham & Eggs)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon packed golden brown sugar
- ¾ pound cooked ham slices *
- 6 extra large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Savory Seasoning
- ½ cup minced fresh chives
- 5-6 ounces spreadable herb/garlic cheese (2/3 cup) **
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and brown sugar over medium/high heat. Add the meat and fry until a golden brown on both sides. Turn heat to very low and cover.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, and Savory Seasoning until well combined. In another large skillet coated with cooking spray, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium/high heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook over medium/high heat until just beginning to scramble, stirring occasionally and gently with a spatula. Sprinkle with the chives and add the cheese, breaking it into smaller pieces or mashing it as you mix it in. Continue scrambling until the eggs are fully cooked and fluffy. Don’t brown them (though if you do, they’re still quite edible). Adjust seasonings, if desired. Serve alongside the ham and accompany with items such as toast, biscuits, scones, or English muffins. Keep leftovers covered in refrigerator. Serves 3-4, or perhaps just one terribly hungry dwarf…
* You may use a few slices of Canadian Bacon or even thin pork chops here, instead of the ham. Allow a few minutes extra cooking time for pork chops.
** Boursin cheese is great here; just use a 5.2 ounce package, any flavor.