- 2 cups cold leftover seasoned mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- ½ pound cooked turkey, diced
- About 1½ cups of a leftover cooked green vegetable, such as peas
- About 1½ cups of a leftover cooked orange vegetable, such as carrots
- 1½ cups leftover thin turkey gravy
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup very soft salted butter
Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 7″ by 11″ baking dish with cooking spray. Place dish on a large baking sheet. Combine the potatoes well with the milk in a large bowl. Spread evenly into the prepared dish.
You may use most any type of vegetable here, but preferably two different colors. Broccoli and cauliflower florets would work as well as peas and carrots, as would Brussels sprouts and yellow squash. Cut larger vegetables into bite-size pieces. In the same bowl (don’t bother rinsing it out), combine the turkey, vegetables, and gravy well. Pour over the potatoes and spread evenly.
Rinse and dry the bowl. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and cheese well with your hands. Add the butter and mix in with your hands. Rub your hands together to produce a clumpy mixture. Spread this evenly over the top of the turkey mixture to cover all. Bake 50 minutes. Let stand for about 5-10 minutes. Serves 4-6. Cover and chill leftovers.