- ½ tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce dry roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ pound cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces dried pineapple, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
In a small skillet, melt the butter. Add 1 teaspoon sugar and the cayenne. Add the nuts and sauté over high heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Combine the remaining sugar and the sour cream through the white pepper in a large bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients and combine well. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Works on a bed of lettuce, or served on crackers or bread.