- ¾-1 pound small red potatoes (do not exceed 1 pound!)
- 1 ounce premium precooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2½ ounces garlic/herb cheese (such as Alouette or Boursin)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions or fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon seasoned bread crumbs
Microwave the potatoes until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Fry the bacon until crispy in a medium skillet. Set aside on a paper towel.
Preheat oven to 425°. Coat 2 1-cup ramekins with cooking spray and place on a medium baking sheet. In a medium glass bowl, microwave the 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Add the cheese through pepper and whisk thoroughly. Break the potatoes into small chunks and add to the bowl. Crumble the bacon and add this to the bowl, along with the scallions or chives. Mix well. Divide evenly into the prepared ramekins.* Sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon of the bread crumbs. Cut the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in half and place one portion on top of each. Bake 15 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serves 2; cover and chill leftovers.
* You could make these in advance up to this point: set in fridge for an hour or two. Let stand at room temperature ½ hour before proceeding.
This is like a deluxe baked potato in a bowl. It’s very easy to double this to serve 4-6. Place in a 1½-quart casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.