- 1 cup light Cool Whip
- 1 ounce miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce cocktail peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 10 seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1 Granny Smith apple (right around ½ pound)
- Two (1.86-ounce) Snickers bars
- Some purchased caramel sauce
- Some purchased fudge sauce
- Optional garnish: additional chopped peanuts and miniature chocolate chips
Place the Cool Whip in a large bowl. Mix in the chocolate chips and peanuts. Mix in the grapes and combine well.
Wash the apple and remove the core; keep the peel on. Chop coarsely and add to the bowl—mix well. Cut each Snickers bar into thirds lengthwise, then cut into ¼” bits. Sprinkle over the Cool Whip mixture, separating the candy as much as possible. Combine well. You may refrigerate up to one hour—if you let it go more than that, the mixture might become a bit weepy (all that sugar leaching out, you know…). Garnish with some sauce and more nuts and chips, if desired. Does not keep well, so only make what you think you’ll need. This serves 2 generously, or you can stretch it to serve 4.
If you would like to serve more like 6-8 (maybe even 10), just use an entire 8-ounce container of Cool Whip and triple everything else. Other brands of whipped topping are fine.